Description: The Asthma Care Map for Primary Care: Initial Assessment is a guide for a comprehensive assessment of asthma that clinicians can use to guide their initial visits with patients.
Decision Support Guidance
Who might use this tool?
- Family Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Respiratory Therapists
- Certified Respiratory Educators
When might they use this tool?
- During an initial visit
Why might they use this tool?
- To remind or prompt providers to ask essential questions during initial assessment, based upon asthma best practice guidelines
What are important considerations when using this tool?
- This tool is EMR integratable
- Provider education may be needed to support the use of tool in practice
LHF has developed the Tool descriptions and Decision Support Guidance with support from Tool authors, and a team of clinical- and research-based experts. If you would like to submit proposed revisions to a Tool, please reach out to us via the “Connect With Us” banner on the Toolkit homepage.