Description: The Asthma Control Test is a web-based tool that enables clinicians to complete a simple test for assessing their patient’s asthma control. Tests are available for children aged 4-11 years and individuals 12 years and older.
Decision Support Guidance
Who might use this tool?
- Family Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Respiratory Therapists
- Certified Respiratory Educators
When might they use this tool?
- When a patient and primary care provider want to determine if asthma symptoms are well controlled
Why might they use this tool?
- To help patients take appropriate action to better manage their asthma
What are important considerations when using this tool?
- This tool is fast and easy to use
- This tool provides recommendations for when it should be used again to better control asthma
LHF has developed the Tool descriptions and Decision Support Guidance with support from Tool authors, and a team of clinical- and research-based experts. If you would like to submit proposed revisions to a Tool, please reach out to us via the “Connect With Us” banner on the Toolkit homepage.