Description: The Asthma Diagnosis and Management Algorithm for Primary Care is a tool that provides clinicians with an easy-to-use flow chart to diagnose and manage asthma. It is suitable for all ages.
Decision Support Guidance
Who might use this tool?
- Family Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Respiratory Therapists
- Certified Respiratory Educators
When might they use this tool?
- During a patient visit
Why might they use this tool?
- To provide guidance on the asthma care pathway
- To identify the steps involved in managing a person with asthma
What are important considerations when using this tool?
- This tool is a digital guide that is also printable
- Provider education may be needed to support the use of tool in practice
LHF has developed the Tool descriptions and Decision Support Guidance with support from Tool authors, and a team of clinical- and research-based experts. If you would like to submit proposed revisions to a Tool, please reach out to us via the “Connect With Us” banner on the Toolkit homepage.