Description: The Decision Tree: Occupational Asthma tool is intended for use by clinicians in the evaluation and management of work-related asthma.
Decision Support Guidance
Who might use this tool?
- Family Physicians
- General Practitioners
- Nurse Practitioners
When might they use this tool?
- When caring for a patient with occupational asthma
Why might they use this tool?
- To assess or diagnosis patients with occupational asthma
- To determine strategies to manage occupational asthma
What are important considerations when using this tool?
- This tool is provided for use at no charge to support healthcare providers and patients
- The information contained within the tool is intended as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the knowledge, expertise, skill and judgment of healthcare professionals involved in patient care
LHF has developed the Tool descriptions and Decision Support Guidance with support from Tool authors, and a team of clinical- and research-based experts. If you would like to submit proposed revisions to a Tool, please reach out to us via the “Connect With Us” banner on the Toolkit homepage.