Description: An easy-to-use flow-chart to aid providers in interpreting the results of spirometry tests and diagnosing lung disease.
Decision Support Guidance
Who might use this tool?
- Family Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Respiratory Therapists
- Certified Respiratory Educators
When might they use this tool?
- During a patient visit
- After spirometry has been done
Why might they use this tool?
- To help determine the most appropriate diagnosis
What are important considerations when using this tool?
- This tool is a digital guide that is also printable
- Provider education may be needed to support the use of tool in practice
LHF has developed the Tool descriptions and Decision Support Guidance with support from Tool authors, and a team of clinical- and research-based experts. If you would like to submit proposed revisions to a Tool, please reach out to us via the “Connect With Us” banner on the Toolkit homepage.