Description: The Work-related Asthma Screening Questionnaire – Long Version (WRASQ(L)™) is a work-related screening questionnaire for use in primary care. The WRASQ(L)™ includes several items from the LHF Asthma Care Map, plus additional symptom questions, current and past occupations and exposures, and the use of personal protective equipment. The WRASQ(L)™ is available on AsthmaLife®.
Decision Support Guidance
Who might use this tool?
- Primary Care Physicians
- General Practitioners
- Nurse Practitioners
- Certified Respiratory Educators
When might they use this tool?
- When a patient has indicated that they work/worked in an occupation that is known to be a cause for work-related asthma
- During a clinical visit, or given to the patient to complete before/after a clincal visit
Why might they use this tool?
- To identify if a patient’s asthma is work-related in nature
- To access a condensed questionnaire that is seamlessly linked into already active asthma reporting systems, proving it to be an effective and efficient tool for identifying work-related asthma (i.e., there is a seamless link to AMOMS, ARGI and OSCAR)
What are important considerations when using this tool?
- This is an AsthmaLife eTool that is used at Kingston HSC clinics, in the Asthma Education Centre, in OSCAR, and at 50 ARGI primary care sites
- This tool may be useful for a care provider to speak with their patients about changes that may help them better manage their asthma (e.g., wearing personal protective equipment at work)
LHF has developed the Tool descriptions and Decision Support Guidance with support from Tool authors, and a team of clinical- and research-based experts. If you would like to submit proposed revisions to a Tool, please reach out to us via the “Connect With Us” banner on the Toolkit homepage.