Description: The Adult Asthma Action Plan (16+ years) is an e-fillable self-management tool where patients can develop their own asthma action plan, in consultation with their healthcare provider. It also offers recommendations for how patients can get the most out of their visits with their healthcare providers.
Decision Support Guidance
Who might use this tool?
- Family Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Respiratory Therapists
- Certified Respiratory Educators
When might they use this tool?
- During a patient’s visit
Why might they use this tool?
- To better manage asthma (i.e., improved control, early identification of exacerbation, indication for when to seek emergency care)
What are important considerations when using this tool?
- This tool can be integrated into EMR systems
- Provider education may be needed to support the use of tool in practice
LHF has developed the Tool descriptions and Decision Support Guidance with support from Tool authors, and a team of clinical- and research-based experts. If you would like to submit proposed revisions to a Tool, please reach out to us via the “Connect With Us” banner on the Toolkit homepage.