Description: The Asthma Action Plan Yellow Zone Formulation Table is a tool developed for adults ages 16 years and older. It provides clinicians with best practice recommendations for how to adjust medication when a patient is experiencing worsening asthma.
Decision Support Guidance
Who might use this tool?
- Family Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Respiratory Therapists
- Certified Respiratory Educators
When might they use this tool?
- When a patient has an existing asthma plan, this tool can be complimentary
- Only for patients greater or equal to 16 years of age
Why might they use this tool?
- To identify the appropriate medication for when symptoms worsen
What are important considerations when using this tool?
- This tool is a digital guide that is also printable
- This tool may not have the latest medications
LHF has developed the Tool descriptions and Decision Support Guidance with support from Tool authors, and a team of clinical- and research-based experts. If you would like to submit proposed revisions to a Tool, please reach out to us via the “Connect With Us” banner on the Toolkit homepage.