Description: The Australian Asthma Handbook is a national guideline for health professionals. It offers best practice, evidence-based guidance translated into practical advice for primary care health professionals.
Decision Support Guidance
Who might use this tool?
- Healthcare professionals providing care for people living with asthma
When might they use this tool?
- During a patient visits
- When teaching healthcare professionals
Why might they use this tool?
- To search for recommendations on treatment steps
- To provide information on how to use asthma medications
- To provide a benchmark for the standard of care for people with asthma
What are important considerations when using this tool?
- This tool provides evidence-based practical guidance to primary care practitioners on the diagnosis and management of asthma in adults, adolescents, and children
- This tool is provided in several formats (e.g., it is fully searchable online, downloadable, accessible and print-friendly)
LHF has developed the Tool descriptions and Decision Support Guidance with support from Tool authors, and a team of clinical- and research-based experts. If you would like to submit proposed revisions to a Tool, please reach out to us via the “Connect With Us” banner on the Toolkit homepage.