Description: The Children’s Asthma Action Plan tool is a pediatric asthma self-management tool. The pamphlet asks questions about asthma medication, management, and control so that patients can identify when their asthma may be flaring up and manage their asthma when it gets out of control.
Decision Support Guidance
Who might use this tool?
- Family Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Respiratory Therapists
- Certified Respiratory Educators
When might they use this tool?
- During a patient’s visit
- At least one a year, or more if asthma is not controlled
Why might they use this tool?
- To create a personalized program for managing asthma
- To identify when asthma may be flaring up
- To identify how to manage asthma when it gets out of control
What are important considerations when using this tool?
- This tool can be downloaded and printed, so patients can take it to their appointment
LHF has developed the Tool descriptions and Decision Support Guidance with support from Tool authors, and a team of clinical- and research-based experts. If you would like to submit proposed revisions to a Tool, please reach out to us via the “Connect With Us” banner on the Toolkit homepage.