Description: The Global Initiative for Asthma Patient Guide is an information guide for asthma patients and their families. It focuses on achieving asthma control and I available in English, Chinese, German, French, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
Decision Support Guidance
Who might use this tool?
- Families and caregivers
- Family Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Respiratory Therapists
- Certified Respiratory Educators
When might they use this tool?
- When caring for a patient newly diagnosed with asthma
Why might they use this tool?
- To help patients understand their asthma
- To achieve asthma control in the current GINA guideline documents
What are important considerations when using this tool?
- This tool is a pocket guide
LHF has developed the Tool descriptions and Decision Support Guidance with support from Tool authors, and a team of clinical- and research-based experts. If you would like to submit proposed revisions to a Tool, please reach out to us via the “Connect With Us” banner on the Toolkit homepage.