Description: This tool outlines steps for patients and their caregivers to self-manage asthma. Topics include ‘how to get the most out of your visit with your healthcare provider’ and developing a pediatric asthma action plan.
Decision Support Guidance
Who might use this tool?
- Family Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Respiratory Therapists
- Certified Respiratory Educators
When might they use this tool?
- During a patient’s visit
Why might they use this tool?
- To better manage asthma (i.e., improved control, early identification of exacerbation, indication for when to seek emergency care)
What are important considerations when using this tool?
- This tool can be integrated into EMR systems
- Provider education may be needed to support the use of tool in practice
LHF has developed the Tool descriptions and Decision Support Guidance with support from Tool authors, and a team of clinical- and research-based experts. If you would like to submit proposed revisions to a Tool, please reach out to us via the “Connect With Us” banner on the Toolkit homepage.