Description: The Lung Health Foundation’s Respiratory Medications for Inhalation Available in Canada categorizes respiratory medications for inhalation based upon availability, dose, device, dose counter features, and price. Relevant to Ontario-based clinicians, it also includes coverage through the Ontario Drug Benefit.
Decision Support Guidance
Who might use this tool?
- Family Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Respiratory Therapists
- Certified Respiratory Educators
When might they use this tool?
- When patients are newly diagnosed with asthma
- When patients require a medication switch in the same class of medications
- When patients do not have controlled asthma
- When patients require a change in medication and/or require additional medications
Why might they use this tool?
- To access a reference table that guides asthma medication prescription
What are important considerations when using this tool?
- This tool is a digital guide that is also printable
LHF has developed the Tool descriptions and Decision Support Guidance with support from Tool authors, and a team of clinical- and research-based experts. If you would like to submit proposed revisions to a Tool, please reach out to us via the “Connect With Us” banner on the Toolkit homepage.