Description: The Lung Health Foundation’s Respiratory Medications Reference provides a comprehensive overview of various respiratory medications for clinicians. It offers information on drugs based upon purpose, minimum age, maximum daily dose, and other indicators.
Decision Support Guidance
Who might use this tool?
- Family Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Respiratory Therapists
- Certified Respiratory Educators
When might they use this tool?
- When patients are newly diagnosed with asthma
- When patients require a medication switch in the same class of medications
- When patients do not have controlled asthma
- When patients require a change in medication and/or require additional medications
Why might they use this tool?
- To access a reference table that guides asthma medication prescription
- To provide, at a glance, medication other than inhalers available to patients with asthma
- To show Ontario Drug Benefit coverage information
What are important considerations when using this tool?
- This tool is a digital guide that is also printable
- This tool is a pocket guide
LHF has developed the Tool descriptions and Decision Support Guidance with support from Tool authors, and a team of clinical- and research-based experts. If you would like to submit proposed revisions to a Tool, please reach out to us via the “Connect With Us” banner on the Toolkit homepage.