Description: The Asthma Action Plan Yellow Zone Formulation Guide advises clinicians on the adjustment of inhaled controller therapy of asthma in the Yellow Zone, for ages 16 years and older.
Decision Support Guidance
Who might use this tool?
- Family Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Respiratory Therapists
- Certified Respiratory Educators
When might they use this tool?
- When a patient has an existing asthma plan, this tool can be complimentary
- Only for patients greater or equal to 16 years of age
Why might they use this tool?
- To identify the appropriate medication for when symptoms worsen
What are important considerations when using this tool?
- This tool is a digital guide that is also printable
- This tool may not have the latest medications
LHF has developed the Tool descriptions and Decision Support Guidance with support from Tool authors, and a team of clinical- and research-based experts. If you would like to submit proposed revisions to a Tool, please reach out to us via the “Connect With Us” banner on the Toolkit homepage.