Description: This online tool provides a collection of videos that teach users how to use inhalers/puffers properly. Videos are available in English and French and are developed for adults and children.
Decision Support Guidance
Who might use this tool?
- Families and caregivers
- Family Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Respiratory Therapists
- Certified Respiratory Educators
When might they use this tool?
- When considering the use of inhalers for treating asthma
- When caring for a patient who uses an inhaler or puffer
Why might they use this tool?
- To help patients learn how to use inhalers/puffers properly
What are important considerations when using this tool?
- This tool offers instructions for how to use an inhaler in video format
LHF has developed the Tool descriptions and Decision Support Guidance with support from Tool authors, and a team of clinical- and research-based experts. If you would like to submit proposed revisions to a Tool, please reach out to us via the “Connect With Us” banner on the Toolkit homepage.