Description: This suite of resources was produced by Lung Sask to provide information and education on inhaler use for patients, across a range of devices.
Decision Support Guidance
Who might use this tool?
- Family Physicians
- Academic healthcare professionals
- Certified Respiratory Educators
- Nurse Practitioners
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program Staff
- Registered Respiratory Therapists
- Families and caregivers
When might they use this tool?
- When a patient is newly diagnosed with asthma and starting medications
- When a patient switches asthma medications
- When a patient’s asthma is not well controlled
Why might they use this tool?
- To ensure that a patient is using their delivery device(s) properly and receiving all their medications to manage their asthma
What are important considerations when using this tool?
- These videos include visual, auditory and text on screen to aid in learning
LHF has developed the Tool descriptions and Decision Support Guidance with support from Tool authors, and a team of clinical- and research-based experts. If you would like to submit proposed revisions to a Tool, please reach out to us via the “Connect With Us” banner on the Toolkit homepage.