Description: The Pan-Canadian Asthma and COPD Standards are an evidence-based set of recommended data elements and standardized data definitions for use in primary care electronic health records/electronic medical records in Canada.
Decision Support Guidance
Who might use this tool?
- Primary Care/Family Physicians
- General Practitioners
- Nurse Practitioners
- Certified Respiratory Educators
When might they use this tool?
- In everyday practice in EMRs/EHRs, to be used for asthma diagnosis, medication, SA algorithm for decision support, standardized data for patient outcomes and benchmarking
Why might they use this tool?
- To be used for asthma management in primary care practice, as well as performance evaluation
- To collect and report on standardized data and asthma performance indicators
- The PRESTINE SA Algorithm is a knowledge translation tool at the point-of-care that may enhance asthma care and patient outcomes. This includes
- Asthma management
- Performance evaluation
What are important considerations when using this tool?
- This tool was designed to facilitate evidence-based clinical care, monitoring, surveillance, benchmarking and policy development
- This tool has a large number of elements, but they are meant to be integrated into EMRs and also make use of auto-population features
LHF has developed the Tool descriptions and Decision Support Guidance with support from Tool authors, and a team of clinical- and research-based experts. If you would like to submit proposed revisions to a Tool, please reach out to us via the “Connect With Us” banner on the Toolkit homepage.